Wednesday, November 26, 2014

things to do 2

As I said in previous blog posts you will never run out of things to do in Vancouver

and if for some reason you do than there is definitely something wrong with you!  I

thought I would share some more of my favorite places to visit.

Granville Island Public Market is an absolute must visit.  The food there is so

amazing and so fresh.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.  When I was

there this past August the berries were so plump and fresh you just wanted to eat

them by the handful.  My mom kept saying she wished she could take a bunch home

and make preserves.  If you can eat and name it you will definitely find it here and if

it is not here then it probably does not exist!  Plan on several hours here so you can

enjoy all the aromas and tastes.  Once you finally select your food (and believe me

that is not easy because there are so many choices) sit outside and watch the boats

go by- just watch out for the seagulls.  The market is surrounded by dozens of

artists’ shops and galleries.  You can literally find everything for 50-cent post cards

to First Nation (we use the term Native American) art costing hundreds of

thousands of dollars.  Great place to get early Christmas shopping done.

Punjabi Market on Main St. is also known as “Little India.”  Here you can find just

about anything from the Indian subcontinent you could possibly want (and probably

some things you don’t want, too).  It is a very colorful area.  Vancouver has a fairly

large Sikh Punjabi population so you are definitely getting the real deal.  A word of

caution thought, just like in Chinatown, keep your eyes on your wallet and be very

respectful of taking peoples pictures.

Capilano Suspension Bridge is towards Grouse Mountain going by Lion’s Gate

Bridge.  This narrow wooden bridge supposed to be the longest bridge of its kind

anywhere in the world.  It literally swings when you walk across it.

Treetops Adventure is in Capilano Park and is a series of cable bridges and

platforms with some as high as 100 feet in the air.  This particular adventure is not

for me because I have an issue with heights, but everyone I have told about enjoyed

it and thought it was a really cool thing to do.  Who knows- maybe some day I will

get my nerve up and go all the way to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment